Writing case study paper
A case study is an exploration strategy including a very close, top to bottom, and definite examination of a subject of study (the case), just as its related logical conditions. Case study can be delivered by following a formal research technique. These contextual investigations are probably going to show up in formal research scenes, as diaries and expert gatherings, as opposed to well known works. The subsequent group of ‘contextual analysis look into’ has long had a noticeable spot in numerous controls and callings, extending from brain science, humanities, social science, and political theory. In doing case study look into, the “case” being contemplated might be an individual, association, occasion, or activity, existing in a particular time and spot. For example, clinical science has delivered both surely understood case study of people and furthermore case study of clinical practices (Thomas, 2015).
The case study approach permits top to bottom, multi-faceted investigations of complex issues in their genuine settings. The estimation of the case study approach is all around perceived in the fields of business, law and arrangement, however fairly less so in well being administrations examine. In light of encounters of directing a few well being related case study, people ponder the distinctive kinds of case study plan, the particular research addresses this methodology can help answer and the information sources that will in general be utilized. In business investigate, four regular case study approaches are recognized (Wee and Banister, 2016). To begin with, there is the “no theory first” sort of case study plan, which is firmly associated with methodological work. The second sort of research configuration is about “holes and gaps”, following rules and making positivist suppositions. A third structure manages a “social construction of reality”. At the end, the explanation behind case study research can likewise be to recognize “anomalies”; an agent researcher of this methodology is Michael Burawoy. Every one of these four methodologies has its territories of utilization, yet it is essential to comprehend their exceptional ontological and epistemological suspicions. There are significant methodological contrasts between these methodologies.
It is evident that case studies are a showcasing staple. Organizations use them to demonstrate how their item or administration has been actualized effectively by clients. Rather than essentially discussing an item, case studies enable organizations to indicate how their item can be utilized. The case study is an image that merits a thousand words giving a representation of what to do, not only a clarification.
A ton of organizations tragically talk about themselves excessively, particularly on their sites. Case studies are an incredible method to take the consideration of yourself and to concentrate on the experience of one of your clients. Future prospects will respond well to this since they will need to get indistinguishable outcomes from the contextual analysis precedent (Sedlmair et al, 2012).
The format of writing a case study is:
- Read and Examine the Case Thoroughly
- Take notes, feature applicable realities, underline key issues.
- Center Your Analysis
- Recognize two to five key issues.
- For what reason do they exist?
- How would they sway the association?
- Who is in charge of them?
- Reveal Possible Solutions/Changes Needed
- Survey course readings, discourses, outside research, your experience.
- Select the Best Solution
- Think about solid supporting proof, stars, and cons. Is this arrangement sensible?
Drafting the Case
When you have accumulated the essential data, a draft of your investigation ought to incorporate these general segments, yet these may contrast contingent upon your task bearings or your particular contextual investigation (Bernicot et al, 2014):
- Distinguish the key issues and issues for the situation think about.
- Detail and incorporate a theory articulation, condensing the result of your examination in 1– 2 sentences.
- Set the scene: foundation data, significant actualities, and the most critical issues.
- Exhibit that you have inquired about the issues for this situation think about.
- Assessment of the Case
- Layout the different bits of the case study that you are concentrating on.
- Assess these pieces by examining what is working and what isn’t working.
- State why these pieces of the contextual analysis are or are not functioning admirably (Wang, 2013).
- Proposed Solution/Changes
- Give explicit and sensible solution(s) or changes required.
- Clarify why this arrangement was picked.
- Bolster this arrangement with strong proof, for example,
- Ideas from class (content readings, dialogs, addresses)
- Outside research
- Individual experience (stories)
- Decide and examine explicit techniques for achieving the proposed arrangement.
- On the off chance that relevant, prescribe further activity to determine a portion of the issues.
- What ought to be done and who ought to do it?
It is evaluated from the above analysis that there are various points such as approaches, concept and format need to be kept in mind while making case study.
Bernicot, J., Goumi, A., Bert‐Erboul, A. and Volckaert‐Legrier, O. (2014). How do skilled and less‐skilled spellers write text messages? A longitudinal study. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 30(6), pp.559-576.
Sedlmair, M., Meyer, M. and Munzner, T. (2012). Design study methodology: Reflections from the trenches and the stacks. IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics, 18(12), pp.2431-2440.
Thomas, G. (2015). How to do your case study. London: Sage.
Wang, F. (2013). Challenges of learning to write qualitative research: students’ voices. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 12(1), pp.638-651.
Wee, B.V. and Banister, D. (2016). How to write a literature review paper?. Transport Reviews, 36(2), pp.278-288.